Basement Insulation Solutions in Connecticut
Comfort & energy efficiency starts with a properly-insulated basement
When installed correctly, basement insulation can transform your damp, cold basement into a drier, more-comfortable living space, as well as eliminate mold and humidity problems in the basement, and lower your heating & cooling costs.
You may already have fiberglass batts installed between your basement ceiling joists. But basement ceiling insulation only insulates the upstairs space; it does nothing to make your basement more comfortable. If you’d like to transform an underused basement, insulation upgrades are a great starting point.
Call us at 1-855-201-5406 or click below to request an in-home inspection in Stamford, Norwalk, Hartford, New Haven, Danbury, Greenwich and nearby, and we will provide you with a free estimate to seal and insulate your basement.
Benefits of an insulated basement
- Improved comfort in the basement and in upstairs space too.
- No more mold & mildew problems in the basement.
- Stop unwanted air infiltration that brings in cold winter air.
- Lower heating & cooling costs.
- Basement becomes usable as additional living space.
Three ways to make your basement better with insulation
Rim joist insulation & sealing. We make sure to seal & insulate the outer edge of the house framing to help stop air leaks, pests and major heat loss.
- Seal & insulate the rim joist. The edge of the house where the floor framing rests on the foundation is a major source of air leakage and energy loss. It’s especially severe where plumbing, wiring and dryer vents penetrate to the exterior. We eliminate this problem by sealing & insulating the rim joist.
- Insulate foundation walls. Rigid foam insulation is best for your basement’s concrete walls. Unlike fiberglass batts,
rigid foam wall insulation won’t absorb water or be damaged by it. Rigid foam also won't compress, fall out of place or lose R-value. We recommend Basement to Beautiful® wall insulation. These innovative panels are sized for typical basement walls and each panel comes with built-in wiring channels and integral steel flanges for attaching wallboard.
- Insulate the basement floor. Do you want a warm finished floor in your basement? We fix cold basement floors with the revolutionary ThermalDry® Insulated Floor Decking™. Unlike wood subflooring, our ThermalDry® decking can’t be damaged by moisture and will never attract mold or rot. It’s the perfect substrate for a warm, long-lasting basement floor.
Start your basement transformation with the best insulation
If you want to make more and better use of your basement space, insulation upgrades should be a top priority. Dr. Energy Saver Of Connecticut has the best basement insulation products and the expertise to install them. Call us or fill out our online form to request a free estimate or to schedule your home energy evaluation. We are your basement insulation expert serving New Canaan, Westport, Darien, Ridgefield, Hamden, West Hartford and surrounding areas.
Looking for a price? Get a no cost, no obligation free estimate.